The data wiring or data circuit is the set of systems that transport the video signal to the screen. To have a complete data circuit we need the following elements:
- Reproductive system
- External connection of network cable between the image player and one of the data cards on the led screen.
- Serial connection of the network cable between the data cards of all the cabinets of the led screen.
- Internal connections of flat cable between each cabinet’s the data card and its LED modules.
During the installation of a LED screen, the data wiring of a screen is completed by interconnecting the cabinets:
In this type of installation you must access the interior of each cabinet and interconnect the data cards (usually behind the central door of the cabin) passing ethernet cables through the wiring hole to the next cabin. You must follow a zigzag pattern. Once a row is finished, it is passed to the upper cabin and wiring continues until the screen is completed.
Depending on the type of cabinet you will have different methods to pass data cables between them. The most common systems are:
- Cable holes: generally located on the sides of the screen, allow the passage of wiring between two cabinets. In this way, the wiring is completely hidden from view. These systems are usually used in fixed installation screens.
- External connection ports: some cabinets have data entry and exit ports. This system allows the interconnection in series of all the cabinets of a screen with external cables. These systems are usually used in mobile installation screens.
The wiring or power circuit provides electricity to all the internal components of the screen. In a LED screen power circuit, we will find the following elements:
Take(s) to the general electrical network. For large-area screens it is recommended to create an electrical switchboard to turn the screen on and off.
Power cabling: Provides electricity to one or more cabinets.
Power sources: Inside each cabinet are several power supplies that convert the electrical flow to the voltage and amperage levels necessary for the operation of the screen.
Internal power wiring: interconnects the power supplies with the rest of the electronic components of the cabinet.
All the cabinets of a screen have a pre-installation of the power circuit to make installation easier. The pre-installation usually includes the connection of the power supplies between them, the connection with the respective LED modules, as well as the internal data card.
To complete the power supply circuit of a LED screen we will have to connect the LED cabinet with the general electrical network. Let’s look at the most common types of power wiring installation:
MAIN FEEDING OF THE DISPLAY
To complete the power supply, you must feed the power supplies of each cabin, adapting the wiring to the pre-installation of your cabins. To do this, you must extend cables from the electrical panel to the interior of the cabinets or frames using the side wiring holes. Contact a professional electrician to create the electrical panel. You must calculate the consumption of the screen from the technical sheet (consumption per square meter) and specify the circuit breaker and the differential switches following the picture below.
The electrical panel of your screen requires a differential and several circuit breakers switches. The amount of circuit breakers will be determined by the size of your screen and the number of cabins that compose it.
Generally, one electricity outlet is used for each group of 2 to 3 cabins as illustrated in the diagram. It is not advisable to connect more than 3 cabins to the same circuit breaker because it increases the risk of overloads.